Author: Jaime Guerard
Publication Date: March 2013
Three things run through my mind at this very moment…
ONE, my life as I once knew it will never be the same.
TWO, the person I’m in love with might not even exist.
THREE, the deception that has unfolded before me has the power of life and death.
Sixteen year old, Breanna Davis, has heard the saying; life isn’t always what it seems…well, that saying rings true now more than ever. As horrifying visions appear before her, revealing tragedies that will forever change the fate of those she loves, she realizes that she may be the only person who can stop them from becoming reality.
Amongst the chaos of this new discovery, Bre is faced with a stranger, Eve, who moves in on Bre’s friends and begins to follow her every move. As Eve’s true motives begin to surface, Bre must fight against, not only the visions, but the dangers Eve holds close.
There is another secret kept- Collin, a boy held captive in Bre’s dreams, the boy she is secretly falling in love with but isn’t sure he even exists. As she tries to make it work with Austin, an old friend who could possibly be more, Bre battles against her feelings for Collin.
Bre is faced with an almost impossible decision, to choose her life or follow her destiny. If she doesn’t intercede, people will certainly die. If she does, her own life could be at stake. In the end, if she fails, she’ll lose everything.
What are the top five reasons why you write?
- I write for me. I know most people say that, but it’s true. I love to create stories. I’ve always been a dreamer at heart.
- To escape. My life is hectic and writing lets me stop for a moment and live someone else’s life for a little while.
- To help others. This one might not make sense, but let me explain. I want my stories to touch people. My hope is that if someone is going through a situation that my character’s face (whether it be bad relationships, tragedies, etc.) I hope my stories can bring that particular situation to them and show my readers that there is another way.
- I write because it’s my passion. I’ve been passionate about a few things in my life, but it wasn’t until October 14th 2008 (when I first got the concept for Awaken) that I truly found my calling. I knew that writing was my future. I love it and I hope others love it as well.
- I write so that one day I hope to leave a mark and a legacy that my family can be proud of. I hope one day my kids can be inspired to follow their dreams as I have done.
About the Author:
In late 2008, Jaime found the pieces of her novel beginning to take form and a story was born. Soon she had a full novel in her hands and a writer was developed. Awaken is Jaime’s first published novel. With many features still in the works, this debut novel is just a taste of the action-packed romantic thrillers to come from this aspiring new author.
Jaime now lives in Nevada with her husband and three boys. Loving life, and living a dream.
Click on the “giveaway” image to enter!
a Rafflecopter giveaway