It is super happy fun dance time! Why? Because Chapter Break is ONE YEAR OLD! WOOT! Happy Birthday to our awesome little blog!
We would like to thank all our awesome friends and visitors for helping making the blog what it is today. We’re having a blast sharing our bookish thoughts with you and seeing your reactions and opinions.
Look who else is wishing us a happy blogoversary!
Our blogging journey so far.
We started our blog on a free wordpress.com site, just to get our bearings. Six months later we decided we were ready to move to self-hosted wordpress on our newly purchased domain name (Namecheap) and hosting package (Hostgator), and here we are! Our followers have steadily grown and we are now averaging in the mid 2000 range for monthly page views.
Over the past year we have added new features to our blog to interact more with our guests.
- We run our own weekly meme! It is called That’s What He Said Thursdays, and it basically features a direct quote from a book boyfriend to his lady. Make us laugh, make us cry, make us swoon, whatever strikes your fancy that week.
- We also started a weekly discussion feature called Chat Between Chapters. A new topic is posted every Sunday, and you can read our thoughts and share your own! You can even see a list of previous topics and add your thoughts at any time.
- If you keep looking at the links in the menu bar, you’ll also notice that we have a Recommendations section. This is where we share our favorite books in various genres. If you want us to add recommendations in a genre we don’t have up there yet, just let us know 🙂
Recap of our first year.
Lots of exciting things happened during our first year as book bloggers:
- Once we became bloggers, going to author events became even more fun and exciting. Now we’re no longer rabid drooling fans, but legit serious readers. (Okay, no really, we are just professional fangirls.) Also, having a blog means authors love us, so they give us swag to pass out to people. Sweet!
- I think I’ve lost count of how many amazing authors we have met and fun events we have attended. We’re lucky to live in Houston, Texas and have so many great authors come our way.
- We even traveled for author events! We’ve been to various events around Texas, including Austin and Dallas, but we also recently flew to Portland, Oregon for an author event! What? YES! That was so exciting. We’ll be posting a recap of that trip soon.
- That video up there. Yep, that happened. (Thanks Colleen!)
We’ve gathered some amazing prizes to give away during this fun celebration, so check out the prize list below and enter to win! We have both US and International prizes. Some of the lovely prizes are coming directly from authors/bloggers/etc! Many prizes were provided directly to us, but since we have to mail those ourselves, they will have to be US only. So hopefully our international followers will enjoy the handful of international prizes on the list! From my quick count, there will be at least 20 winners! What? YES! So the more you enter, the higher the chances for the better prizes, and for multiple prizes. Woot!
Terms and Conditions: This giveaway is not affiliated with Facebook, Twitter, or yo momma so entrants must be of legal age to provide a mailing address and receive pressies in the mail from us. If any entry is found to be fraudulent, all that user’s entries will be deleted. You must provide usernames to profiles used for following and direct links to all tweets and other shares.