Rose runs a book club and has been sharing the study guides that she created herself. I organized the meeting for Shattered Souls (with the author appearing!) and created my own discussion questions for the group. I wanted to also offer these discussion questions for your use with your own book club. I do not mind if you use these, but would greatly appreciate feedback if you found them useful.
Discussion Questions for Shattered Souls by: Mary Lindsey
- How would you react to a significant other or close friend who started having visions or hallucinations?
- Lenzi doesn’t remember the past. Before you learned the truth, why did you think she couldn’t remember? Should Alden have approached her differently?
- What do you think about the Intercessor Council? Could you be a Speaker? A Protector? What do you think of the Speaker’s job to help troubled souls with unfinished business?
- What do you think about Lenzi having to willingly share her body with another soul?
- Let’s talk about Zak. Did he seem over the top obsessed or did he rely on Lenzi like she relied on him, until Alden came along? Did he redeem himself as a character during his last moments as a Hindered?
- What do you think about the repeated line: “there’s hope until the last second”?
- How does this novel portray free-will versus fate?
- Did you think this was a creepy read? Give examples of what you might have found creepy.
- Did you like reading a book set in our area? (Obviously this only applies to Houston are people.)