Series: Charley Davidson #6
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Date Published: May 20th 2014
Genres: Fantasy, Mystery & Detective, Paranormal, Private Investigators, Women Sleuths
Audiobook Length: 9 hrs and 46 mins
Audiobook Narrator: Lorelei King
Description: Sometimes I wrestle my demons. Sometimes we just snuggle.--Bumper Sticker
Most girls might think twice before getting engaged to someone like Reyes Farrow--but Charley Davidson is not most girls. She's a paranormal private eye and grim reaper-in-training who's known to be a bit of a hell-raiser, especially after a few shots of caffeine. Her beloved Reyes may be the only begotten son of evil, but he's dark and sultry and deeply sexy and everything Charley could hope for. Really. But when the FBI file on Reyes' childhood happens to land into her lap, she can't help herself: She opens it...and then the real fun begins. First, Charley finds a naked corpse riding shotgun in her car. Then, a man loses his soul in a card game. Throw in a Deaf boy who sees dead people, a woman running from mobsters, and a very suspicious Reyes, and things can't get any worse for Charley. Unless, of course, the Twelve Beasts of Hell are unleashed...Sixth Grave on the Edge is the sixth Charley Davidson novel from bestselling author Darynda Jones
A mini review!
Top 5 (ish) reasons to read Sixth Grave on the Edge:
- Charley Davidson – so sassy. So fun. So obnoxious at times.
- Also, Reyes and Charley and the development in their relationship. I mean, that’s a unique way to convince someone to accept your proposal.
- The nail-biting suspense of a name on Rocket’s wall.
- All the banter this series is so well-known for – between Reyes and Charley, Cookie and Charley, everyone else and Charley. Tagging onto that, all the funny quotes at the beginning of each chapter.
- Then there’s the bombshell at the end. And the prophecy of the 12. And a new character to get to know (The Dealer). More excitement is in the next book, we can be sure.