Let’s talk about the best of the best that we read in 2015!
Below are some of my favorites that I read in 2015 that stand out to me. The covers are linked to my reviews.
1. The Unwind Series. This is 4 books and I loved the first and last, but the middle was kind of so-so. But the series overall was great!
2. The Night Prince series. I read the first 3 in the series, which is a spin off from the Night Huntress series. The next book should release in 2016.
3. Up From the Grave. This is the final book in the Night Huntress series.
5. The Bloodlines series.
6. Out of the Easy. This was an excellent book club selection.
7. Code Name Verity. I didn’t end up reviewing this one.
8. Pushing the Limits, another great book club selection. I also didn’t review this one.
I’ve only rated 2 books as 5 Stars in 2015. I’m not sure if that’s more of a reflection of the books I read, or a more critical eye towards books. Or just that I didn’t pick up a lot of outstanding books.
Of the other books I’ve read, I liked these the best:
Throne of Glass – a new to me fantasy series. And finally with a female main character worthy of my time.
Carry On – I’d read the phone book if Ms. Rowell wrote it. Luckily, I got to read Simon and Baz’s story instead.
Armada – I need Ernest Cline to write more books. All of the 80’s pop culture references are so worth it.
Traveler – a sci fi book about inter-dimensional time travel that actually makes sense. Plus more great pop culture references.
The Martian – More Sci Fi, heavy on the Science. Who would have thought a book about a guy stranded on another planet by himself would have been that existing. Not me, that’s for sure. I didn’t review this on the blog, though you should check it out if you haven’t already.
Sweet (Contours #2) – Ms. Webber is another author I’d follow anywhere. All the feels possible in her books.
Poison Princess – I like the idea here of the different characters being based on the major tarot cards and can’t wait to see where the rest of the story goes.
Frostbite (Vampire Academy #2) – I just started this series (yes, I’m late to the party), but I’m loving it. I’ll review the whole series once I’m finished.