Give up your shoulds – what should we be doing instead of reading?
Things I should be doing (and usually am doing) instead of reading:
- Sleeping – what’s that again?
- Working – this takes up so much of my life
- Caring for my kid – this takes up the rest of my life, not that it’s necessarily a bad thing
- Caring for my pets – why are living things so demanding of my time?
- Eating – sometimes standing up, because of things mentioned above
- Cleaning the house – well, not that I really do very often
- Bathing – sometimes I get to be clean!
- Talking on the phone with my family – especially the hubby who is away
- Watching TV – oh let’s get real I can’t remember the last time I turned it on
- Driving (well, thanks to audiobooks, I do still read and drive!)
My list of should be doing instead of reading is pretty similar to Julie’s. Especially when I spend an entire weekend reading and not being the least bit productive.
- Cleaning – Who wants to do that anyway.
- Enjoying the outdoors – you know what’s outdoors? Bugs. And allergens. Pass.
- Socializing with friends – My friends think this. Not me.
- Getting ahead on blog posts.
How about you? Any shoulds you want to fess up about?