Let’s chat about the Types of Books we are Ridiculously Addicted to!
I’m addicted to well-written, exciting, bite-sized paranormals. That’s pretty much everything I read. I want it to be past-paced. I want excitement. I want some sizzly romance. And I want them to be “bite-sized” meaning no 500-page books that draw out the plot forever. Get to the point, get to it in an interesting way, and make me want more of the characters.
Some examples of series I have enjoyed and have been ridiculously addicted to:
There’s a reason Princess Bride is one of my favorite movies. It has everything I’m looking for: romance, sword fights, storming of castles. And snarky characters are a plus. These are also qualities I look for in books. I think that’s why I’m drawn to fantasy, especially high fantasy. When I look at my book shelves, fantasy is the majority of what I see.
Topping my list:
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Strange the Dreamer series. I’m telling you now, I would read the phone book if Laini Taylor wrote it. And we still had phone books.
- Mortal Instruments – Jace and his snarky, angsty, brooding. Plus loads of sword flights!
- Gentlemen Bastards series – the Goodreads description of one part Robin Hood and one part Ocean’s Eleven is a good hook!
- Phedre’s Trilogy – intrigue, spies, and a warrior monk who falls in love with the courtesan he’s charged with protecting. Plus loads of super sexy scenes!
- A Court of Thorns and Roses – OMG. This series. Just read it. There is everything you could want in a great book right here. One stop shopping, if you will.
What about you? Any books\types of books you are addicted to?