Here are my recommended YA Contemporary books/series.
- Hopeless by Colleen Hoover (Because wow this book was intense and unexpected.) (Rose recommends this also, but Julie just happened to edit these pages first, so it looks like I am copying her. Which I am. Sorta. But not really. You know what? Nevermind! I read the book first darn it! So there! Yeah, I said.)
- Slammed by Colleen Hoover (another excellent book by her)
- The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay (Because this is a great story about coping with different kinds of loss, and finding what makes you whole.) (This one, too- Rose)
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio (Because this might have been one of the most powerful books I’ve read.)
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (This book was magnificent, and although it deals with the topic of cancer, it is still uplifting.) (And yes yes yes! This book is amazeballs!-Rose)