#ShelfLove Challenge 2016
Goal: To grow your TBR pile responsibly and read the books you already own. You have ‘em, now read ‘em!
Guidelines for the #ShelfLove Challenge 2016
- Read books that are in your personal library that were obtained before January 1, 2016.
- Responsibly obtain books for your personal library.
- You may wish to abstain from purchasing books or set a book budget for yourself.
- You decide the best way to get control of your TBR pile and read the books you already own.
- Library books (and textbooks) do not count for the challenge.
- You may use your library to obtain different formats of books you already own and count those towards your goal.
- Participate in the monthly discussion posts by linking up, visiting and commenting on the other participants’ blogs.
Goals for the #ShelfLove Challenge 2016
- 1-10 books: shake hands with your shelves
- 11-20 books: pat your shelves on the back
- 21-30 books: give your shelves a warm friendly hug
- 31-40 books: regular date night with your shelves
- 41-50 books: my shelves are now my bff
- 51+ books: my shelves and I are going steady
End of the Year Prize
$20 Amazon.com Gift Card for participants
Join the mailing list
Click here to join the mailing list.
Share the love and spread the word
Create a blog post saying you’re participating in this challenge and link up your post below. Share on social media using the hashtag #ShelfLove.
Link up your participation post:
Link to the challenge
You can use any of the images below.
Plan your reading, and participate in the monthly challenge post topics:
Participation incentive? A $20 Amazon gift card from all of us hosting this lovely challenge 🙂 So, when you link up your participation and monthly posts, you can enter to win. a Rafflecopter giveaway
Monthly Discussion Posts
- December 2015/January 2016: I’m joining in the #ShelfLove Challenge 2016! Tell us your goals for the challenge this year. Will you be going on an all out book buying ban or are you setting a budget? Share pictures of your TBR piles or link up to your GoodReads Shelves.
- February 2016: Who is your book boyfriend or girlfriend or best friend? What qualities does this character have that makes him/her the best?
- March 2016: What is one book trope that gets on your nerves? What do you wish the publishing world would STOP doing?
- April 2016: The 2nd Week of April is Library Week. Tell us about your local library and what makes is special to you.
- May 2016: It’s almost time for summer vacation! Plan your dream literary trip. You can go some place real (Scotland, anyone?) or fictional (or Middle Earth, perhaps?).
- June 2016: Mid-year check in post. How are you doing with the challenge? Look back at your January post and let us know how you are doing. Share an updated picture or list of your TBR pile.
- July 2016: Why do you read the books you read? Explore why you gravitate towards certain genres and/or authors. How do you pick the next book you will read?
- August 2016: What are your reading rituals? Do you have a reading nook? What snacks or drinks must you have handy? Share pictures and recipes!
- September 2016: It’s Be Kind to Writers and Editors Month! Write a thank you post to your favorite person (or people) in the publishing industry.
- October 2016: Christmas is two months away! What books or bookish gifts are on your wish list this year?
- November 2016: Name one bookish item that you are thankful. This could be your favorite book or gift or author. You decide. Share pictures if you can.
- December 2016/January 2017: End of the Year Check in Post. Look back at your June and January posts and let us know how you did this year. Share an updated picture or list of your TBR pile. Would you do the challenge again in 2017?
Shelf Love 2016 – Link Up Posts