#ShelfLove Challenge 2017
Hosts: Terri from Second Run Reviews and us here at Chapter Break!
Goal: To grow your TBR pile responsibly and read the books you already own. You have ‘em, now read ‘em!
Guidelines for the #ShelfLove Challenge 2017
- Read books that are in your personal library that were obtained before January 1, 2017.
- Responsibly obtain books for your personal library.
- You may wish to abstain from purchasing books or set a book budget for yourself.
- You decide the best way to get control of your TBR pile and read the books you already own.
- Library books (and textbooks) do not count for the challenge.
- You may use your library to obtain different formats of books you already own and count those towards your goal.
- Participate in the quarterly discussion posts by linking up, visiting and commenting on the other participants’ blogs.
- You are welcome to post updates more often, but only the quarterly posts are eligible for the Rafflecopter giveaway.
- Sign up for the mailing list to get regular updates about the Challenge. We will not sell or give away your contact information. You are able to unsubscribe at any time.
Goals for the #ShelfLove Challenge 2017
- 1-10 books: shake hands with your shelves
- 11-20 books: pat your shelves on the back
- 21-30 books: give your shelves a warm friendly hug
- 31-40 books: regular date night with your shelves
- 41-50 books: my shelves are now my bff
- 51+ books: my shelves and I are going steady
End of the Year Prize
$15 Amazon.com Gift Card for participants
Share the love and spread the word
Create a blog post saying you’re participating in this challenge and link up your post below. Share on social media using the hashtag #ShelfLove.
Link up your participation post:
Link to the challenge
You can use any of the images below.
Plan your reading, and participate in the challenge post topics:
Participation incentive? A $15 Amazon gift card from all of us hosting this lovely challenge 🙂 So, when you link up your participation posts, you can enter to win.
Quarterly Discussion Posts
- December 2017/January 2017: I’m joining in the #ShelfLove Challenge 2017! Tell us your goals for the challenge this year. Will you be going on an all out book buying ban or are you setting a budget? Share pictures of your TBR piles or link up to your GoodReads Shelves.
- March 2017/April 2017: Top books on my shelf the longest that I haven’t read
- June 2017/July 2017: Mid-year check in post. How are you doing with the challenge? Look back at your January post and let us know how you are doing. Share an updated picture or list of your TBR pile.
- September 2017/October 2017: Top Books You are Addicted To
- December 2017/January 2018: End of the Year Check in Post. Look back at your June and January posts and let us know how you did this year. Share an updated picture or list of your TBR pile. Would you do the challenge again in 2018?
Shelf Love 2017 Discussion & Linkup Posts