Share your Blogging Habits, both good and bad
I want to say I’m a good blogger. I try to do be organized and get my posts ready well in advance, but it doesn’t always happen. Here are some of my habits, good or bad.
Good blogging habits:
- Posts are organized and planned out on a particular schedule (we use Asana as a group editorial calendar).
- Schedule all my posts in advance, to avoid last minute scrambling.
- Interact with other bloggers – this is one of my favorite things about blogging.
Not so good blogging habits:
- I don’t always review a book immediately after finishing it, and then I start to forget things, which makes reviewing harder.
- I’m not so great with managing my time and can get sucked into social media for way too long.
- ARCs -I used to request ALL THE BOOKS, and then never got around to reading them all. So I have stopped acceptin and requesting review books altogether.
How about you?
Funnily enough, one of the first tips Julie gave me when I started blogging was to ALWAYS review a book before starting the next. Even if it is taking notes which I then convert into a review post, I find it’s easier to get my thoughts out right away, then I can always go back and edit later. Luckily for me, I have Julie to keep me organized and create all the posts I need to fill in with my thoughts. I do enjoy thinking up new topics and features for our blog. Sometimes, we need a break from straight reviews.
Maybe it’s my self-critical side, but I have an easier time listing my faults as a blogger than my achievements. I’m working on getting better at these:
- Commenting back. I don’t have as many issues with replying to direct comments. But I’m always forgetting to comment back on the linked up posts.
- Social media. I honestly haven’t figured out how to manage that at all. The twitter lists have helped. But I would love to have more time to read tweets. Or tumblr posts.
Any tips on fighting past the bad habits?