We all have some interesting reading habits. Let’s talk about them, good or bad.
I love talking about how good or bad I am at something. Reading is one of my favorite hobbies, but I’m sure I’ve picked up some bad habits over time. Let’s see what those might be:
Good Reading Habits
- I love to talk about books I read. Book clubs and book blogs FTW!
- I like to own the pretties. Own all the pretties!
- Sometimes I pet books, books are pets right? This counts as a good habit.
- I like to want to be besties with my characters, so I get really into books sometimes when they are awesome. But when they are not awesome and I can’t connect? Done.
- I like to read and curl up with a furry thing.
Bad Reading Habits
- Book hoarding. That’s not a great habit right?
- Sometimes I take long breaks from reading. Not because I wanted to, but life happens and stuff. And then when I return I’m like a ravenous creature and can’t get enough.
- Sometimes I put a book aside because I have to read something else, and then can’t remember anything about where I left off. So I sometimes give up and DNF it because I don’t want to start over and feel too confused starting in the middle.
- I forget most of what I read. So details in a book I read last year? Vague at best. But I can tell you if I liked it.
- Sometimes I fall asleep reading and wake up with a bump on my head…
- TBR mountain of shame.
- If I’m reading multiple books at the same time, or the same genre back to back, sometimes I confuse book details. Did this happen in This book or That book?
Time for more good/bad habits lists!
Bad Reading Habits:
- I tend to ignore everything else if I’m engrossed in a book. Which leads to dinner at 8pm. Or calling in sick to work. <cough> <cough>
- I one click books that I’ll probably never get around to reading. Thankfully, with the Shelf Love challenge, I’ve gotten a lot better at passing up those books.
- I judge books by their cover. And do not feel guilty.
- I judge people by what they read. Or don’t read, for that matter. How can I trust someone who doesn’t like to read?
Good Reading Habits:
- Gifts from me are usually in the form of books. Especially for kids. Sharing my love of books with children makes me very happy.
- I borrow books from the library. I don’t need all the pretties! Well, I want them. I just know I don’t have room for them.
- I’m open to reading pretty much any genre. Sure, I have my favorites like everyone else. But I try to not limit myself to any one genre or author.
What about you? Any good or bad reading habits you want to confess?